All-Terrain and Limited Use Vehicles
Local Law #1 of 2019
“A Local Law Regulating Use of Limited Use Vehicles and
All-Terrain Vehicles on Town Roads”
- "LUV" shall mean Limited Use Vehicle
- "ATV" shall mean All Terrain Vehicle
- No LUV or ATV shall be operated on any Town Highway excet in accordance with the provisions of the Vehicle and Traffic Laws of the State of New York
- Speeds shall not be in excess of 25MPH
- Observe all regular traffic signs and signals
- To operate an ATV or LUV on Town Highways, owner must obtain a sticker and display prominently on the vehicle to simplify enforcement. One Sticker per ATV/LUV is required.
- Stickers shall cost $50 and be valid for the calendar year in which it is purchased. Stickers can be purchased at the Town Hall
- Owner must provide proof of ownership, insurance, licensing and registration prior to obtaining a sticker
- Operator must be at least 14 years of age and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under 16 years of age.
- All operators and passengers must be wearing a DOT approved helmet
- All vehicles must have a triangular- shaped reflective Slow Moving Sign securely installed on the rear of the ATV/LUV or rider must wear a yellow, orange or green safety vest.
The Law in its entirety can be obtained at the Town Hall
Or viewed here: